The Procurement Process
It is important that the procurement company be involved with the professional team as soon as possible, enabling it to give valuable advice and input. By involving the procurement company from the initial stages, the following will be achieved:
- Purchase of all FF&E interior items (furniture, fittings and equipment).
- Purchase of all OS&E items (operational start up equipment).
- Compile and accurate, itemised budget for all FF&E and OS&E categories for the total project, according to the interior designers specification and the requirements from the operations team.
- Communicate with the Client and the Project Manager regarding the budget status, to clarify any marginally defined areas, determine responsibilities and to avoid omissions or duplications of items.
- To put out to tender all the items and to obtain costs on design approved alternatives in an attempt to reduce costs without compromising the design.
- Continually update budgets so as to properly monitor the financial parameters as determined by the Client.
- To prepare all tender documents, approval documents and purchase orders as items are approved, including information such as vendor, description, unit price, etc.
- Negotiation of payment of terms and guarantees.
- Follow-up and expedite all orders.
- Co-ordinate deliveries to ensure that the merchandise is delivered and received on time at a prearranged warehouse facility or at the site.
- Secure freight pricing and oversee the movement of all merchandise.
- Negotiate warehousing and installation service on behalf of the Client.